– My Take –
I am always leery when an intellectual starts talking. Most of the time, they are more concerned with displaying how knowledgeable and intellectual they are than addressing the question and providing a real solution.
As usual there is an exception to the rule. The exceptions to this rule is Dr. Charles Krauthammer.
Here he provides a very clear and very accurate description of one Barack Obama. It is a description that, with all due respect to Dr. Krauthammer, anyone with any capacity to think and ‘read the writing on the wall’ realized as the 2008 campaign developed. Of course though for 62 million people, this recognition would have interfered with their need for a good looking candidate with a nice smile and black skin.
Obama may not be the first narcissist President, (Mr. Clinton comes to mind), but he surely lays claim to being the first one with no love or admiration for his country, the capitalistic system and Judeo Christian foundation that made it so exceptional.
Here’s Dr. Krauthammer’s take.
Dr. Charles Krauthammer
A friend went to hear Charles Krauthammer. He listened with 25 others in a closed room. What he says here, is NOT 2nd-hand but 1st.
The ramifications are staggering for us, our children and their children. Last Monday was a profound evening. Dr. Charles Krauthammer spoke to the Center for the American Experiment. He is a brilliant intellectual, seasoned & articulate. He is forthright and careful in his analysis, and never resorts to emotions or personal insults. He is NOT a fear monger NOR an extremist in his comments and views. He is a fiscal conservative, and has received a Pulitzer Prize for writing. He is a frequent contributor to Fox News and writes weekly for the Washington Post. The entire room was held spellbound during his talk. I have summarized his comments, as we are living in uncharted waters economically and internationally. Even 2 Dems at my table agreed with everything he said!
Summary of Dr. Krauthammer’s comments:
1. Obama is an intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated.
He is a cool customer who doesn’t show his emotions. It’s very hard to know what’s behind the mask. The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.
2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton. He has a way of making you think he’s on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather, watch what he DOES!
3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can’t be straight forward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along. He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada.
4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn’t care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for FREE college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it FREE and add 46,000,000 people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive RATIONING of services, like in Canada.
5. He has surrounded himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they are going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industries. This obviously can’t work in the long run. Obama is not a socialist; rather he’s a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. Again, watch what he does, not what he says.
6. Obama doesn’t really see himself as President of the United States, but more as a ruler over the world.. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate & coordinate various countries and their agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America, as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!
7. He is now handing out goodies. He hopes that the bill (and pain) will not come due until after he is reelected in 2012. He would like to blame all problems on Bush from the past, and hopefully his successor in the future. He has a huge ego, and Dr. Krauthammer believes he is a narcissist.
8. Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan, but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party. Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage. Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent, but needs to really be seriously boning up on facts and info if she is to be a serious candidate in the future.
9. We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state’s rights.
10. The current level of spending is irresponsible and outrageous. We are spending trillions that we don’t have. This could lead to hyperinflation, depression or worse.
No country has ever spent themselves into prosperity. The media is giving Obama, Reid and Pelosi a pass because they love their agenda. But eventually the bill will come due and people will realize the huge bailouts didn’t work, nor will the stimulus packages. These were trillion-dollar payoffs to Obama’s allies, unions and the Congress to placate the left, so he can get support for #4 above.
11. The election was over in mid-September when Lehman brothers failed, fear and panic swept in, we had an unpopular President, and the war was grinding on indefinitely without a clear outcome. The people are in pain, and the mantra of change caused people to act emotionally. Any Dem. would have won this election; it was surprising it was as close as it was.
12. In 2012, if the unemployment rate is over 10%, Republicans will be swept back into power. If it’s under 8%, the Dems continue to roll. If it’s between 8-10%, it will be a dogfight. It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what’s happening in Washington and Congress.
There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we’re right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it’s far too late. Do yourself a long term favor — We made a good start in the 2010 election but there is obviously a great deal more to get done. One of the most difficult tasks will be to undo the damage that has been done. We have to reduce the size of government, pay down the debt (we can do that by reducing the size of government), eliminate the terrible burden of taxes, and regulations against businesses (in spite of what liberals believe, it is businesses that provide jobs), get rid of the over burdensome income tax and replace it with the FairTax (which will also reduce the size of government by eliminating the IRS), eliminate the federal department of education (everyone can see that our school system is failing). Just doing these things will eliminate the debt, put people back to work, improve our schools (by giving control back to the states) and make living in America so much better.
Send this to all who will listen to an intelligent assessment of the big picture. All our futures and children’s futures depend on our understanding of what is really going on in D.C., and our action pursuant to that understanding! It really IS up to each of us to take individual action! Start with enlightening your friends and neighbors!